Pay By Check Discount
Save $25 per week by paying with cash or check! You can save up to $125.
- $25 off one week
- $50 off two week session
- $75 off 3 weeks session
- $125 off for CIT’s
Guarantee your spot and receive an Early Bird Discount!
Register and pay in full by December 3, 2012 or pay a $500 deposit by December 3, 2012 and then pay in full by April 3, 2013.
$50 - $300 discount depending on the type of early bird discount and length of the session. See the Summer Fees page for more details on Early Bird Discounts.
Any family that sends two or more campers can get a $25 per week discount per camper.
JCC Member Discount
$25 discount per week per camper (membership number required).
Jewish Professionals Discounts
Full-time JCC staff receive 50% off summer camp fees
Jewish Federation full-time staff receive 15% off camp fees
Jewish Communal Professionals receive 10% off summer camp fees.
One Happy Camper Grants
If this is your camper’s first time at camp they are eligible for a grant to encourage them to see just how amazing camp can be. Depending on where you live, you are eligible for a one of the following grants. When you register for one of the following grants, you will automatically be directed to the appropriate grant for your camper. Please note that these grants cannot be combined. Don’t hesitate to call our office at (818) 889-5500 with any questions.
I. Residents of Los Angeles
Jewish Federation of Los Angeles and the Foundation for Jewish Camp Incentive Grants.
First time campers can receive $750 towards a 2 week session or $1250 towards a 3 week session.
- Residents of Greater Los Angeles
- Entering grades 2-12 (after camp)
- Attending a Jewish residential camp in California as listed on the application list for at least 12 consecutive days
- Not currently receiving an immersive, daily Jewish experience, ie: children who attend Jewish day school or yeshiva are not eligible for this incentive program
- Never previously attended Jewish overnight camp for any length of time (not including weekend and family camps)
For more information and to apply once you have registered for camp visit the grant website www.onehappycamper.org or call us at the camp office (818) 889-5500.
First time campers can receive $700 towards a 2 week session or $1000 towards a 3 week session. Limited for first 180 campers enroll to this program. Registration will open in October 15th.
II. Residents of San Diego
- Cannot have been to overnight Jewish summer camp for 12 or more consecutive days
- Entering grades (2nd - 11th) in Fall 2013
- Cannot be enrolled in Jewish day school (attends public or non-Jewish private school)
- 2 week session or longer
- Resident of San Diego county
For more information and to apply once you have registered for camp visit the grant website http://www.jewishinsandiego.org/campforkids.aspx or call us at the camp office (818) 889-5500.
Jewish residents of Orange County, California can apply for the Passport to Jewish Life® program of Jewish Federation & Family Services, Orange County. Please note these important guidelines:
III. Residents of Orange County
- Applicants must be entering the 4th grade as of September 2013. We cannot consider younger applicants.
- Before you apply for Passport, you must register for Camp JCA Shalom AND request scholarship support from Camp JCA Shalom. The Passport application contains a field in which you must enter the $ amount requested (or received) from your program provider, i.e. Camp JCA Shalom. Applications missing this info cannot be considered.
- If you have received past support through Passport – for camp, Maccabi experiences or an Israel program – please note that there is a $1,000 lifetime cap per student for these programs in total. This means, for example, that if you’ve never applied for a camp Passport but received $500 for Maccabi in a prior year, you have $500 left in eligibility and that is the maximum for which you can apply for camp in 2013. (If you’ve received Passports for congregation-based religious/Hebrew school or for the OC Bureau of Jewish Education TALIT program, note that these programs are the only ones not subject to the $1,000 lifetime cap.)
- If you have not received past Passport grants, the maximum for which you can apply is $1,000.
- Applications for summer camp 2013 will be accepted no earlier than January 2, 2013. All Passport applications are submitted online – applications are not accepted by mail, fax or hand delivery. Please visit www.JewishOrangeCounty.org/passport.aspx after January 2, 2013 to access the guidelines, deadlines and online application. Please be sure to read the guidelines carefully before you apply.
- If you have questions before you apply, please email Kathleen@jffs.org. We prefer inquiries by email (rather than telephone) so that we can more carefully track applications and inquiries.
- Orange County (CA) no longer offers the “One Happy Camper” incentive grant. Our only educational grant program is Passport to Jewish Life®.
IV. Residents of Las Vegas
Merit Camp Scholarships - Three philanthropic families in the Las Vegas Jewish community, have established scholarship endowment funds that enable students, ages 11 – 21, to attend a Jewish camp or Israeli summer program. The Welt Fund, the Eisenberg Fund and the Wilner Fund use the merits and accomplishments of the child, as the primary criteria for selection. While the Welt and Eisenberg fund are privately funded, the Wilner Fund accepts donations from anyone in the Jewish Community who wishes to support this worthy endeavor. Administered through the Jewish Community Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, the program has funded dozens of students over the past 30 years.
Need based Camp Scholarships – Students in grades 1 – 8, who wish to attend resident, or “sleep away” Jewish camps, and whose family can demonstrate financial need, can apply for the Need based Camp Scholarships. These scholarships are funded through the Annual Campaign of the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas.
Applications for all scholarships are available by January 31st of each year. If Applicable, applicants may apply for both Merit based & Need based Scholarships. http://www.jewishlasvegas.com/page.aspx?id=186297
IV. Residents of Palm Springs
Jewish Federation of Palm Springs and Desert Area is happy to partner with the One Happy camper program, sending Coachella Valley children to a Jewish overnight camp for the first time.
Overnight Jewish camp provides children and teens with all the excitement of sleep-away camp while instilling in them a deeper appreciation for all things Jewish. By participating in the One Happy Camper Program, you could give your children a life-changing experience that helps them become the Jewish adults of tomorrow.
For the summer of 2013, first-time campers can receive up to $1,000 toward an overnight Jewish camp experience of three weeks or more through the incentive program.
For more information please contact Dori Petee at - (760) 324-4737 or email@example.com
V. Residents of Arizona
The Coalition for Jewish Education of the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona offers need based scholarships to Jewish overnight camps for residents of Southern Arizona.
Funded by the Moe and Frances Beren Family Scholarship Fund at the Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona, this need-based scholarship assistance to the Jewish overnight camping program of your choice is open to all students currently attending religious school programs in Southern Arizona and to students of the Tucson Hebrew Academy.
This scholarship is meant to be combined with funding from another source: your synagogue, camp, or other Jewish organization. For more information and an application contact Sharon Glassberg at (520) 577-9393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PJ Goes to Camp
Apply via One Happy Camper PJ Goes to Camp funds eligible PJ-associated applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
To apply, use the link below. Enter your PJ Goes to Camp referral code on the first page of your online application (if you do not know your code, e-mail email@example.com). Submit an Application via www.OneHappyCamper.org
Who is eligible?
First-time campers at nonprofit Jewish overnight camps are those that are also:
For what amounts?
- Current PJ Library subscribers (enrolled in the program on or before Sept. 1, 2011).
- Siblings of currently eligible PJ Library subscribers (enrolled in the program on or before Sept. 1, 2011).
- PJ Library alumni.
- Campers who have not received an incentive from One Happy Camper.
The PJ Goes to Camp grants will be awarded as follows:
- $1,000 for a session of at least 19 consecutive days (for all included camps).
- $700 for a session of at least 12 consecutive days (this applies ONLY to camps in Western States, which include AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY).
To learn more about the program, please contact PJ Goes to Camp by sending e-mail to pjgtc@HGF.org or by calling: 413-439-1935
Residents anywhere other than Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Los Vegas, Arizona and Palm Springs.
Camp JCA Shalom One Happy Camper Grant
First time campers can receive $700 towards a 2 week session or $1000 towards a 3 week
- Never been to Jewish overnight summer camp for 12 or more consecutive days.
- Entering grades (2nd - 11th) in Fall 2013
- 2 week session or longer
- 2 Weeks = $700 / 3 Weeks = $1000
- Not eligible to any other incentive program.
3. CAMP JCA SHALOM SCHOLARSHIPS
At Camp JCA Shalom, we are committed to helping every camper experience the magic of Jewish sleepaway camp! Please call the camp office at (818) 889- 5500 for more information or for a scholarship application.
4. PARLOUR MEETINGS
Parlour meetings are the best way to support camp and receive a discount!
- Receive $100 off for every new camper that attends your parlour meeting and then attends a summer camp session.
- Call or email Joel Charnick, Camp JCA Shalom Director for details and more information: 818.889.5500 ext. 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. SET UP A PAYMENT PLAN
4 easy steps:
• Register online
• Pay your deposit to save your spot
• Set up interest free monthly payments
• Pay your balance by the time your camper arrives for camp.
6. JEWISH FREE LOAN
A Jewish non-profit lender that will give interest free loans for camp. Better than putting it on your
credit card because there is no interest. For more information visit the JFL website http://www.jfla.org/
^ back to top